Child Play Therapy is based upon the fact that play is the child’s natural medium of self-expression. Our Clinicians use this opportunity to give the child the opportunity to “play out” his/her feelings and problems. Therapy is offered for children between the ages (3-12) years and is used to develop social skills, self-esteem, self-expression and to assist with psychosocial and adjustment difficulties. However, play therapy can be used with a person of any age especially an adult with cognitive and social deficits.
ASANTE Family Agency offers both individual and group play therapy for children and their parent(s). The Clinician facilitates the play sessions based on the Child Centered Play Therapy model, which supports the emotional and developmental growth of the child and helps to strengthen and nurture the parent/child relationship.
Play therapy helps children:
- Improve problematic behaviors
- Develop new and creative solutions to problems
- Develop respect and acceptance of self and others
- Learn to experience and express emotion
- Cultivate empathy and respect for thoughts and feelings of others
- Learn new social skills and relational skills with family
- Develop self-efficacy and thus a better assuredness about their abilities
- Adjusting to family changes such as separation and divorce
- Aggression & acting out
- Attention Deficit Disorder & Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder
- Abuse & neglect
- Social adjustment issues
- Sleeping and eating difficulties
- Self-concept & self esteem
Click here to go to our Contact Form. You can expect a response within a 24-hour.
For immediate response and/or to schedule an appointment, call us at:
Phone: (909) 886-3322 • Fax (909) 886-3328
1255 East Highland Ave. Suite 107
San Bernardino, CA 92404